Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Lesser Hampden

Started by Hoofball, May 30, 2022, 09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoofball

Felt this probably deserves its own thread given how long this saga has been dragged out!

Looks like some Stenny fans questioning whether our games will be on a Saturday as they have a non-league side playing there too. Loads of mistakes have been made regarding the stadium but surely they wouldn't let that happen?

Dave

You would hope not but honestly given the way the stadium build has gone for the last two years I could see it. Everything that can go wrong has gone wrong. Embarrassing enough that we have to go to Ochilview in the first place, but to be 3rd priority in the stadium would be the icing on the cake. They need to be doing absolutely everything possible to get Lesser finished ASAP.

DJM1867

Took a wee walk round it on Saturday - still miles off.

Not ideal but need to ensure this is the last season with any disruption.

For what it's worth I'd be future proofing the place so that we can house any crowd we're likely to get as a Championship Club. Current scenario really looks like no-one at the Club actually thought we'd be promoted and they could build the stadium in stages.

The laudable attempts to get local young kids interested will all be in vain if we don't have a home to take them to and/or they then can't get tickets due to capacity issues.

Sadly that's where we are so getting the infrastructure sorted should be our number one priority. Strangely I seem to remember our CEO stating that it was in her pre-match interview at the Premier Sports match against Motherwell last season.

Spidertastic

Came on here intending to start a thread on this topic but it's started already! This absolute bourach is damaging the "project" if not quite yet holing it below the waterline. I'm not a member but I have been buying a season ticket for nigh on twenty years and have supported the club for well over fifty years.

Now and then little titbits of info on this matter pop up in Pie & Bovril (where I post under the name Spidersmad) so I wonder if members have more info than the rest of the supporters. Is it true that the aborted first rebuild has cost the club £600,000 with nothing in return? And how on earth did we get from a situation where a stadium with a stand offering a decent view of the pitch to most home fans has been replaced by Plan B where most of the home support will have a worms eye view from a very basic structure on the east side of the ground? Who thought that it would be a good idea to scrap the partially built west stand in favour of a "directors' stand" for those and such as those thus displacing the majority of the support?

The possibility of Friday night matches in Larbert is beyond a joke. I'm clinging to the hope that something better will have been arranged for the league games, such as Scotstoun or Hampden. Can't see it happening now though.

Bobthespider

Would like to think if the talk about Friday football was true Queens would have came out and made a statement today .

Pass and Move

Quote from: Spidertastic on May 30, 2022, 11:49 AMCame on here intending to start a thread on this topic but it's started already! This absolute bourach is damaging the "project" if not quite yet holing it below the waterline. I'm not a member but I have been buying a season ticket for nigh on twenty years and have supported the club for well over fifty years.

Now and then little titbits of info on this matter pop up in Pie & Bovril (where I post under the name Spidersmad) so I wonder if members have more info than the rest of the supporters. Is it true that the aborted first rebuild has cost the club £600,000 with nothing in return? And how on earth did we get from a situation where a stadium with a stand offering a decent view of the pitch to most home fans has been replaced by Plan B where most of the home support will have a worms eye view from a very basic structure on the east side of the ground? Who thought that it would be a good idea to scrap the partially built west stand in favour of a "directors' stand" for those and such as those thus displacing the majority of the support?

The possibility of Friday night matches in Larbert is beyond a joke. I'm clinging to the hope that something better will have been arranged for the league games, such as Scotstoun or Hampden. Can't see it happening now though.

I too find it hard to comprehend the scraping of the original `west stand in favour of a directors stand ! But it shouldn't really surprise me after the last couple of seasons when the supporters have been treated with such contempt.

NowJustCamzo

This whole debacle isn't going away any time soon it's really killed the buzz from 2 weeks ago for me at the moment

Clarity needs to be given to supporters on whats happening next as clearly this has been an issue on site for months and reeks of us being so naive to honestly think we would have been ready to open Lesser in 7 weeks those in charge of "the project" need to explain themselves

Hearing about Ochilview being used through shite rag papers before any members were informed tops it off

Dirvy

Interesting that both our 'home' games in Premier cup are on Tuesday.

Pre arranged?

Spidertastic

Quote from: Dirvy on May 31, 2022, 11:35 AMInteresting that both our 'home' games in Premier cup are on Tuesday.

There's a distinct possibility that Queen's will have a bigger support at an away fixture (v Hamilton) than at either of their "home" games.

Anonymous Rich

In by September seems to be the latest rumour... have my doubts...

Wee Willie Winkie

Quote from: Dirvy on May 31, 2022, 11:35 AMInteresting that both our 'home' games in Premier cup are on Tuesday.

Pre arranged?
I think our days of having any sway in the fixture schedule are well and truly over. In fact, back in the SFA / Scottish League days, these two organisations wouldn't liaise on fixtures which led to us having to ask the League to make changes when the first draft came out for approval.

Hoofball

Quote from: Anonymous Rich on Jun 10, 2022, 03:50 PMIn by September seems to be the latest rumour... have my doubts...

With the way things have went Sept would be much better than I'm expecting

NowJustCamzo

Quote from: Anonymous Rich on Jun 10, 2022, 03:50 PMIn by September seems to be the latest rumour... have my doubts...
Gotta be in hope more than expectation been let down constantly after all the updates the past 2 years I'm surprised they're even trying to estimate so soon

Boris the Spider

Quote from: Wee Willie Winkie on Jun 10, 2022, 04:47 PM

Pre arranged?
I think our days of having any sway in the fixture schedule are well and truly over. In fact, back in the SFA / Scottish League days, these two organisations wouldn't liaise on fixtures which led to us having to ask the League to make changes when the first draft came out for approval.
Certainly are. I remember stories that QP would request that we didn't have to travel too far on the day of the Burns Supper