Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Scotland v Ukraine

Started by Hoofball, May 29, 2022, 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoofball

Predications for this one? I'm going for a painfully close 2-1 Scotland.
Tierney out isn't great and seen this morning that Jack is out too. Not sure Jack matters too much as McGregor and Gilmour would be ahead of him but it does leave us thin on decent backup.

Zanetti

Campbell is a decent wee player and just had a great season down south. As far as options off the bench go he's a good replacement for Jack.

I think it's going to be a very tight affair as well. Can't see there being more than one goal in it either way, so hopefully your prediction is right!

Bobthespider

Very confident about Wednesday night..looking forward to it 4-0

DJM1867

Quote from: Bobthespider on May 29, 2022, 01:27 PMVery confident about Wednesday night..looking forward to it 4-0

Think a couple of play-off wins for the hoops have gone to your head Bob 😂

When did Scotland last beat anyone not called San Marino or Faroe 4-0

Pass and Move

Quote from: Bobthespider on May 29, 2022, 01:27 PMVery confident about Wednesday night..looking forward to it 4-0

:o

BenchWarmer

Did the Ukrainians get their domestic season back up and running? A lack of match sharpness might help us, but them being fresher than the Scottish boys at the end of a long season might negate that.

I'm confident either way, 1-0 for Scotland!

CC

Win on penalties as per tradition

Dave

A lot of handwringing, pant wetting nonsense about Robertson. He can have a day out with his Liverpool colleagues and a few beers three days before the game. He'll no doubt have been on his way to join up with the squad first thing this morning. Much ado about nothing.

As for the game itself, buzzing for it and hope it matches the 3-2 Israel game in terms of atmosphere and result. Shame we can't get into the social club for a few pints before it...

Ben Reilly

I have no idea what to expect from this game. I do feel a bit conflicted in some ways as if it was anyone else I would want Ukraine to win. However, I agree with the messages coming from the Scotland camp that we have done everything we can to support them off the field, but the match should righty be played as we would against any other opponent.

Of course if we are going to miss out on qualification, then I hope it's Ukraine that make it rather than Wales.

I will be heartily applauding the Ukraine anthem and regardless of the result I'll happily applaud them after the game too.

May the best team win.....
Please let it be Scotland.

HoustonSpider99

I have a feeling this one will be really tight. For obvious reasons the Ukrainians haven't managed to play domestically since the invasion but once it became apparent that Kyiv wasn't going to fall, the Government I believe gave special dispensation for a compliment of the domestic based players who'd normally form a significant part of the national side permission to leave the country (given the no-exit on conscriptable males). So for a lot of these guys, they've been playing together as a club side for both Shaktar Donetsk and Dynamo Kyiv almost for the last 4-5 weeks playing glamour fundraising friendlies against the likes of Dortmund, Olympiakos & Fenerbah├že.

I think this will be a very tight match, but i think we might sneak this. Wales is an entirely different kettle of fish and i wouldn't be so confident going into that one. Hal Robson-Kanu still gives me nightmares.

For what it's worth this whole Souness 'let them win' pish is absolutely deluded. Where do we draw the line? Do we just award them the world cup already?

They're heroes each one of them and this will be a very emotionally charged game for many inside the stadium and on that pitch, but sport is sport and I'll be cheering on Scotland.

GM1867

Difficult one for Scotland - another banana skin. Just need to play a sensible game. I'll go for a win - no matter how marginal.

Zanetti

At least we've got Queen's Park eh?

DJM1867

Got exactly what we deserved - nada