Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Transfer Speculation Thread

Started by Dave, May 28, 2022, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachnophile

Quote from: Zanetti on Jun 14, 2022, 12:03 PMHappy with Kilday as a squad player, he improved a lot in the second half of last season and he's a good option to have.

so we still have Louis Longridge, Max Gillies, Charlie Fox, and Simon Murray who have been offered new contracts but no news yet...

Zanetti

Quote from: Arachnophile on Jun 14, 2022, 12:19 PM
Quote from: Zanetti on Jun 14, 2022, 12:03 PMHappy with Kilday as a squad player, he improved a lot in the second half of last season and he's a good option to have.

so we still have Louis Longridge, Max Gillies, Charlie Fox, and Simon Murray who have been offered new contracts but no news yet...

Murray only got back from his holiday yesterday I believe, according to his Instagram account. Desperate for news on Fox though, saving the best until last maybe?

Skol1867

Luca Connell posted what was essentially a goodbye to Glasgow on his Instagram so safe to assume he won't be back anytime soon. A good player on his day but would have been expensive compared to other options. Leaves a gap in the squad that will need filled by someone of a good level though.

DJM1867

See that Max Gillies is shown on the squad page but no photo shoot etc for him

DJM1867

Murray back for the new season. Good news- just need big Charlie to re-sign now

Zanetti

Quote from: DJM1867 on Jun 16, 2022, 11:15 AMMurray back for the new season. Good news- just need big Charlie to re-sign now

Fox's new contract plus one or two new faces would be a nice way to end the week.

GS1867

Jason Naismith signed

Seems a solid addition with bags of experience at this level. Really important we have players that know this level. Happy with that

If they can round off Friday with a new Charlie Fox contract, that'll do for me

NowJustCamzo

Long as he's an improvement on Doyle and going by his CV he hopefully will be 

Aye if Fox gets confirmed things would be coming together very nicely at least keeps on the field matters positive

Anonymous Rich

Naismith is an interesting one. Different profile to the younger more technical players, looks like they know the squad needs that bit more experience. Cracking addition. 

Hoofball

Happy with that! Plenty of experience around this level and a good age too. Still expecting a busy couple of weeks, lots of spaces to fill.

Hoofball

Massive signing, clearly there was other interest so it's great we'll get another season of him. Cant imagine we'd have stood a chance had we not got promoted

EaglesAndSpiders

I'm not too impressed by Longridge extending his contract. I'm beginning to feel like we will not have the squad depth and more importantly quality to survive in the championship. We need more players like Naismith, (who is replacing Doyle), Savoury, and, Dom. What do you think?

GS1867

Quote from: EaglesAndSpiders on Jun 21, 2022, 03:22 PMI'm not too impressed by Longridge extending his contract. I'm beginning to feel like we will not have the squad depth and more importantly quality to survive in the championship. We need more players like Naismith, (who is replacing Doyle), Savoury, and, Dom. What do you think?

If Longridge is signed as a squad player, then it's absolutely fine with me. Personally, I was a bit surprised he was offered a new deal. Thought he tailed off massively 2nd half of the season and looked like his legs were going a bit.

Looking at the squad, it's very much clear that there's further reinforcements needed if we are to genuinely compete in the championship. I can't see guys listed in the 1st team squad such as Moore, Bannon or even Biggar to an extent being involved tbh, plus I'd be cautious about Williamson's involvement considering the level he's came from.

Probably 5 or 6 signings needed I'd say

GM1867

Quote from: EaglesAndSpiders on Jun 21, 2022, 03:22 PMI'm not too impressed by Longridge extending his contract. I'm beginning to feel like we will not have the squad depth and more importantly quality to survive in the championship. We need more players like Naismith, (who is replacing Doyle), Savoury, and, Dom. What do you think?

Longridge is ok as a squad player but we need to get some more high level experience in to the team. I still worry where our goals are going to come from.