Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Transfer Speculation Thread

Started by Dave, May 28, 2022, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

A thread for every clickbait news article, every professional who once played under Coyle spotted outside Lassanis, every wild thought of a player you'd like to see in our upcoming Championship season.

Still got everything crossed that Stephen Eze isn't just wild speculation and is announced at some point, assuming he doesn't read my drunken Instagram message I sent him last night  :-X.

Who else have you all seen/heard/want at QP?

Arachnophile

Saw QP listed as one of 5 possible destinations for Chris Burke on some clickbaity nonsense. Would fit in well with our policy of developing youth. ;)

Not sure I'd enjoy being reminded of his 6 assists against us a couple of years back

GS1867

Seen a couple partick thistle fans mention a few weeks back that we had apparently signed the left back Stephen Hendrie. Could be nonsense with Robson, Bruce and Yeats potentially all sticking around though

Soldthejerseys

Would like to think we are considering an offer to Kerr McInroy. Really strong skilled lad. Made a mess of us at Airdrie earlier in the season.

Hoofball

Quote from: Soldthejerseys on May 28, 2022, 03:18 PMWould like to think we are considering an offer to Kerr McInroy. Really strong skilled lad. Made a mess of us at Airdrie earlier in the season.
He would be a cracking signing, looked streets ahead. Would imagine he has quite a few clubs after him just now.

Skol1867

Patrick Jarrett, a Stoke City under 23s player was in talks with us according to an English journalist. Not one I would be particularly keen on given our history with players from that league.

Stormy67

Am just wondering who would be the suitable replacement Doyle as the RB?

DJM1867

Quote from: Stormy67 on May 29, 2022, 11:08 AMAm just wondering who would be the suitable replacement Doyle as the RB?

One of those released that I was a bit surprised with tbh. Young Max Gillies looks promising but not to throw in at the deep end of the Championship.

Trust OC has someone in mind tho

HoustonSpider99

I was hearing from a Kilmarnock fan yesterday, many seem to think Burke is on his way to us. He's still got the ability with a dead ball at that level but i'd have liked to have thought we were aiming for slightly more sensible in age.

HoustonSpider99

We've a big re-build on our hands that's for sure. I really like the sound of a CB pairing of Fox and Eze. I think it makes sense for us to ask Celtic the question about Connell & Hearts about another season for Smith, especially given our jump in level of opposition.

Dom Thomas is a brilliant start to our midfield recruitment, but ideally I'd be looking for an experienced head in the holding midfield role (i was surprised Lyon was let go as he'd started to come into form and he has a proven record at that level if not higher).

Excited to see who the next is in the door.

DJM1867

Quote from: HoustonSpider99 on May 29, 2022, 09:10 PMWe've a big re-build on our hands that's for sure. I really like the sound of a CB pairing of Fox and Eze. I think it makes sense for us to ask Celtic the question about Connell & Hearts about another season for Smith, especially given our jump in level of opposition.

Dom Thomas is a brilliant start to our midfield recruitment, but ideally I'd be looking for an experienced head in the holding midfield role (i was surprised Lyon was let go as he'd started to come into form and he has a proven record at that level if not higher).

Couldn't agree more on Lyon - exactly the kind of player we were missing for most of the season. Thought most of our midfield was very similar but improved once he came back.

Neilson seems to be suggesting he wants a look at Smith pre-season with a view to him being part of first team squad but may look at a six month loan if he feels he's not ready. Whether that's at Championship level time will tell. Not sure on Connell's situation at Celtic but can't see him getting near their first team midfield.

HoustonSpider99

There's a player in there with Thomson, but he seems to be prone to making the wrong decision/choice at times. An more head in midfield a must in midfield imo.

Hoofball

EaglesAndSpiders

Quote from: HoustonSpider99 on May 29, 2022, 09:10 PMWe've a big re-build on our hands that's for sure. I really like the sound of a CB pairing of Fox and Eze. I think it makes sense for us to ask Celtic the question about Connell & Hearts about another season for Smith, especially given our jump in level of opposition.

Care to join me in harassing Stevie Mallan on his instagram into joining? He is still contracted to Malatyaspor but they were relegated and something tells me he can't wait to ditch that contract.

Stormy67

Quote from: HoustonSpider99 on May 30, 2022, 10:10 AMThere's a player in there with Thomson, but he seems to be prone to making the wrong decision/choice at times. An more head in midfield a must in midfield imo.

Am sure this season we will see more from Thomson; for me, he was key in driving the team forward during the playoff final.