Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Transfer Speculation Thread

Started by Dave, May 28, 2022, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJM1867

See Calum Yeats loaned to Stenhousemuir for the season. No real surprise with Tommy Robson's new deal.

Calum

Quote from: DJM1867 on Jun 09, 2022, 07:21 PMSee Calum Yeats loaned to Stenhousemuir for the season. No real surprise with Tommy Robson's new deal.
I can only assume that Bruce is expected to be the formal backup for Robson this year, did feel we were light if robson got injured last season

DJM1867

Quote from: Hoofball on Jun 09, 2022, 07:32 PM
Quote from: DJM1867 on Jun 09, 2022, 07:21 PMSee Calum Yeats loaned to Stenhousemuir for the season. No real surprise with Tommy Robson's new deal.
I can only assume that Bruce is expected to be the formal backup for Robson this year, did feel we were light if robson got injured last season
Big ask for the young man at Championship level, but if your good enough......

Zanetti

Grant Savoury signs from Peterhead. By all accounts one of their best players last season, a dangerous attacking midfielder. Can't complain about that!

BenchWarmer

6 goals and 5 assists is a good return for an attacking midfielder. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

BenchWarmer

Saw that Luis Longstaff has been released by Liverpool. No word on where he'll end up but I wouldn't be in a rush to sign him based on what we saw last season.

Soldthejerseys

I think Savoury's signing is a winner. No need for Connell now. Longstaff will surely not be on our radar other than a squad filler at best. There are better out there.

GS1867

Quote from: BenchWarmer on Jun 10, 2022, 03:15 PMSaw that Luis Longstaff has been released by Liverpool. No word on where he'll end up but I wouldn't be in a rush to sign him based on what we saw last season.

Longstaff could be my least favourite loan ever when I think of it. Never seen someone so timid despite being of decent size. He might develop as he gets older but he was incredibly disappointing. Shows you how unpredictable signing guys from the English u23 league really is

Calum

Don't think I've seen savoury play, any idea what kind of player he is?

Boris the Spider

https://youtu.be/0BqQcGOp_5A

Made and scored both Peterhead goals in this game.

Calum

We must be in for a big week of signings, surely!?

BenchWarmer

Quote from: Hoofball on Jun 13, 2022, 09:47 AMWe must be in for a big week of signings, surely!?

The official site says that the team have a training camp in the Netherlands at the end of June with 30 players travelling. Surely some resignings from last season and new signings will be needed to make up that number?

Spidertastic

Calum Biggar's turn for photo opps at Hampden Bowling Club and Cathkin (aka Hampdens 1 & 2) today. Hoping there will be a series of announcements in the next few days especially as training restarts on Friday.

Spidertastic

Jacques Heraghty too. Maybe that's it for today.

Zanetti

Happy with Kilday as a squad player, he improved a lot in the second half of last season and he's a good option to have.