Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Transfer Speculation Thread

Started by Dave, May 28, 2022, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJM1867

From my perspective midfield looks very light. Need at least one more centre back and a striker as well as a couple in the middle of the park.

Done alright so far and still time for a few more and possible loan deals once the premiership boys have run the rule over their squads.

Still got over five weeks till the first league game so no panic yet.

Anonymous Rich

I'm pretty sure we'll get more in the door - I'm also looking forward to OC getting a decent tune out of the players that were already here. With a bit of proper coaching I'm expecting standards and performances to be way up on last year.

Stormy67

Quote from: EaglesAndSpiders on Jun 21, 2022, 03:22 PMI'm not too impressed by Longridge extending his contract. I'm beginning to feel like we will not have the squad depth and more importantly quality to survive in the championship. We need more players like Naismith, (who is replacing Doyle), Savoury, and, Dom. What do you think?

Not here to survive - we will positively thrive.
As for Longridge, that is a good signing.

Hoofball

Quote from: Anonymous Rich on Jun 22, 2022, 02:05 PMI'm pretty sure we'll get more in the door - I'm also looking forward to OC getting a decent tune out of the players that were already here. With a bit of proper coaching I'm expecting standards and performances to be way up on last year.

I think Coyles impact can't be underestimated. We seen the difference in the playoffs, fingers crossed with extra quality in the team and more time to train with him we'll get more out of the existing guys.