Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Transfer Speculation Thread

Started by Dave, May 28, 2022, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJM1867

From my perspective midfield looks very light. Need at least one more centre back and a striker as well as a couple in the middle of the park.

Done alright so far and still time for a few more and possible loan deals once the premiership boys have run the rule over their squads.

Still got over five weeks till the first league game so no panic yet.

Anonymous Rich

I'm pretty sure we'll get more in the door - I'm also looking forward to OC getting a decent tune out of the players that were already here. With a bit of proper coaching I'm expecting standards and performances to be way up on last year.

Stormy67

Quote from: EaglesAndSpiders on Jun 21, 2022, 03:22 PMI'm not too impressed by Longridge extending his contract. I'm beginning to feel like we will not have the squad depth and more importantly quality to survive in the championship. We need more players like Naismith, (who is replacing Doyle), Savoury, and, Dom. What do you think?

Not here to survive - we will positively thrive.
As for Longridge, that is a good signing.

Calum

Quote from: Anonymous Rich on Jun 22, 2022, 02:05 PMI'm pretty sure we'll get more in the door - I'm also looking forward to OC getting a decent tune out of the players that were already here. With a bit of proper coaching I'm expecting standards and performances to be way up on last year.

I think Coyles impact can't be underestimated. We seen the difference in the playoffs, fingers crossed with extra quality in the team and more time to train with him we'll get more out of the existing guys.

EaglesAndSpiders

Any thoughts on Josh McPake? Looks like we have finally found a quality right winger to replace Longridge  ;D

Calum

Quote from: EaglesAndSpiders on Jul 15, 2022, 03:17 PMAny thoughts on Josh McPake? Looks like we have finally found a quality right winger to replace Longridge  ;D

I can't say I know much about him but I'm pleased to have another winger in, fingers crossed we get him in pronto.

Alf Stamp Army

Any more chat on Steven Eze or we going into ICT game with Jason Naismith or Alex Bannon in central defence assuming Kilday still injured? 😬

Arachnophile

Quote from: Alf Stamp Army on Jul 26, 2022, 08:11 AMAny more chat on Steven Eze or we going into ICT game with Jason Naismith or Alex Bannon in central defence assuming Kilday still injured? 😬

Its a strange one - other clubs seem to be able to announce signings "subject to international clearance or work permit"

You do start to worry that it has all just been folk putting 2 & 2 together and getting 5.
Of course it is just as likely to be the club's aversion to any but the most necessary communication.

BenchWarmer

Just heard from a Sunderland supporting mate of mine that QP are in line to sign 21 year old goalkeeper James Carney on loan from Sunderland. According to what he's heard the deal has been in discussion for a while but was being held up until Sunderland signed a new backup which apparently they did yesterday. My mate says Carney has played in a few pre-season matches this summer and has looked promising.

Not sure how reliable his sources are or whether we need another relatively inexperienced GK on the books but that's the current word.

Calum

Quote from: BenchWarmer on Jul 27, 2022, 04:28 PMJust heard from a Sunderland supporting mate of mine that QP are in line to sign 21 year old goalkeeper James Carney on loan from Sunderland. According to what he's heard the deal has been in discussion for a while but was being held up until Sunderland signed a new backup which apparently they did yesterday. My mate says Carney has played in a few pre-season matches this summer and has looked promising.

Not sure how reliable his sources are or whether we need another relatively inexperienced GK on the books but that's the current word.

I remember this rumour floating about a while back. I wouldn't be against someone competing for the no1 spot with Ferrie, anyone who had a genuine competition can't be a bad thing.

DJM1867

Not sure if anyone heard Owen Coyle on radio Scotland last night but pretty sure he mentioned that a work permit had been secured for player that worked with him before. Might have misheard that as I was still picking myself up off the floor as he discussed having had conversations with Aiden McGeady before he signed for Hibs

GS1867

Quote from: DJM1867 on Jul 29, 2022, 03:00 PMNot sure if anyone heard Owen Coyle on radio Scotland last night but pretty sure he mentioned that a work permit had been secured for player that worked with him before. Might have misheard that as I was still picking myself up off the floor as he discussed having had conversations with Aiden McGeady before he signed for Hibs

Delighted to read what looks like Eze being secured now. 13 caps for Nigeria who are no mugs internationally. Really excited to see what he can bring, especially being 6'6. Hopefully we can deal with corners a bit better now

Think we've dodged a bullet with Mcgeady. By all accounts he's been woeful for hibs so far and is now out for around 2-3 months through injury.

Ben Reilly

Quote from: Calum on Jul 28, 2022, 11:11 AM
Quote from: BenchWarmer on Jul 27, 2022, 04:28 PMJust heard from a Sunderland supporting mate of mine that QP are in line to sign 21 year old goalkeeper James Carney on loan from Sunderland. According to what he's heard the deal has been in discussion for a while but was being held up until Sunderland signed a new backup which apparently they did yesterday. My mate says Carney has played in a few pre-season matches this summer and has looked promising.

I remember this rumour floating about a while back. I wouldn't be against someone competing for the no1 spot with Ferrie, anyone who had a genuine competition can't be a bad thing.

Pictures from training posted on Facebook today prominently feature a young goalkeeper I don't recognise. I've googled James Carney, and came up with a Jacob Carney at Sunderland, but I don't think he's the guy in the pictures. Could just be one of the under 18's, but I guess time will tell.

BenchWarmer

Quote from: Ben Reilly on Jul 29, 2022, 03:36 PMPictures from training posted on Facebook today prominently feature a young goalkeeper I don't recognise. I've googled James Carney, and came up with a Jacob Carney at Sunderland, but I don't think he's the guy in the pictures. Could just be one of the under 18's, but I guess time will tell.

Sorry, yes! His name is Jacob. That's what my mate said as well. No idea where I got James from  :-\

Arachnophile

Adam Rooney looking for a gig

"Adam Rooney
@17AdamRooney
Stitches out, back running! Now time to get a club! If anyone needs a speedy striker then I'm not your man, good at other stuff though 😝⚽️"