Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Netherlands Pre-season Trip

Started by Zanetti, Jun 29, 2022, 08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanetti

We lost 3-1 today to Lokomotiva Zagreb in a match that was played as 3 periods of 40 minutes.

Absolutely roasting apparently, and they're not a bad side at all. I know it's fairly meaningless but that's encouraging considering we're still expecting a few signings.

Good to see Williamson score as well, I'm really excited to see him play. Could turn out to be an excellent young signing.

We play FC Utrecht on Saturday, which I believe is being streamed?

DJM1867

Just read the match report. Any clues as to who the trialist was for us?

GS1867

Quote from: DJM1867 on Jun 29, 2022, 10:17 PMJust read the match report. Any clues as to who the trialist was for us?

I think it might be Patrick Jarrett. Released from Stoke City

Zanetti

Quote from: GS1867 on Jun 29, 2022, 10:55 PM
Quote from: DJM1867 on Jun 29, 2022, 10:17 PMJust read the match report. Any clues as to who the trialist was for us?

Read this on Twitter as well. If he's travelled all the way there with us you'd imagine it must be just about a done deal!

GS1867

Im gonna assume Coyle wants to make sure he's at the required level before throwing a contract straight away, especially after enduring last season's unfortunate set of duds from down south

It's just incredibly unpredictable what you're gonna get recruiting players from the English reserve league, no matter the stature of the club

Cardinal Wolsey

Quote from: GS1867 on Jun 29, 2022, 10:55 PM

Is that the same guy who shot Billy the Kid in that film with Bob Dylan?

3townspider

That was Pat Garrett..Just watched the highlights of the games...Ferrie at fault for the first goal, if i remember right  he did the same thing in the leaque last season

EaglesAndSpiders

Just finished watching today's friendly against Utrecht. Our strongest eleven (so far) has just got a four goal win against a technically superior eredivisie side. Massive win. Really impressed with the overall fitness of the team. Clinical finishing from Murray. Savoury = man of the match. The trialist Pat Jarrett scored our fourth.

Zanetti

Really hope we sign Jarrett after that, he looked excellent when he came on. They're better than anything we're likely to play against this season excluding any big cup draws, so that's a very encouraging performance and result!

Calum

Some big saves from Ferrie again too.