Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Premier Sports Cup

Started by EaglesAndSpiders, Jul 12, 2022, 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaglesAndSpiders

I just watched the highlights of the game against Stranraer. We gave away way too many chances to a considerably weaker opponent especially in the first half. It could have been a completely different game if they could convert some of those chances. Kilday is a liability. We definitely need to sign a reliable CB.

Post Forfar game edit: I write this and he scores two goals today 😂😂😂 I guess I should keep bad mouthing him here hahaha

Zanetti

The defence obviously needs a bit of work but it's so encouraging to see us score for fun, even against teams from a couple of divisions below us. The issues can definitely be worked on, and I'm very excited to see how we match up against (very strong) Championship opposition next week.

GM1867

Another four goals last night which was good to watch. All were pretty good and it was great to watch Williamson's first goal for the club. Soft goal conceded though.

Wee Willie Winkie

Enjoying it so far. I feared for us against Dundee as their old guys were simply running the game in the first half. Off they go and all of a sudden, we're in control. We won't be facing such quality every week but you can see the gap that there is between where we are and where we want to be.

Moore could and should have given us the draw and the performance was encouraging but the state of us at set pieces gives cause for concern.

Very pleased with the signings and hope we have the rumoured others in place before the Inverness game.

DJM1867

Gutted after yesterday. Every other result fell in our favour meaning a penalty shoot out win would have done.

We really didn't get going at all and the defence does look fragile. Needs a big step up for the real stuff next week.

Having said that, Hamilton were no great shakes which makes me think we can compete, certainly with the bottom half of the table.

Stormy67

Quote from: Wee Willie Winkie on Jul 22, 2022, 08:28 PMVery pleased with the signings and hope we have the rumoured others in place before the Inverness game.

Agreed, the signings over the past two seasons (some loanees aside) have been good. Our recruitment must be commended. 

Calum

I think we've looked better every time we play both Murray and Williamson. I don't see why we shouldn't give it a go from the off going forward to get on the front foot against teams.

Either way, enjoyed the cup this year and with a few signings I don't think we'll be far off. The little we saw from McPake was exciting too.