Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Spiders Talk Podcast

Started by Calum, Jul 15, 2022, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM1867

Nice podcast again - but 5-0 to Queen's. I'll take it but think 2 or 3 is more realistic 😅

Alf Stamp Army

Quote from: Pass and Move on Aug 24, 2022, 12:32 PMGood listen again guys. Putting Barry Douglas ahead of Andy Robertson maybe a controversial one but one I agree with.
also agree 👍 maybe I missed it but did Tony Ralston get a mention among right backs? Although limited number of appearances I'd imagine

BenchWarmer

Quote from: Calum on Aug 24, 2022, 05:47 AMEpisode 7 of the podcast is available here. We move on to discussing our favourite amateur era full backs, and the win against Arbroath.

Glad I'm not the only one who has a place in his heart reserved for Martin Ure and his arm tattoos

GS1867

Quote from: Alf Stamp Army on Aug 25, 2022, 12:59 PM
Quote from: Pass and Move on Aug 24, 2022, 12:32 PMGood listen again guys. Putting Barry Douglas ahead of Andy Robertson maybe a controversial one but one I agree with.
also agree 👍 maybe I missed it but did Tony Ralston get a mention among right backs? Although limited number of appearances I'd imagine

Shaun Rooney would be a decent shout for right back also. He was excellent

Arachnophile

Quote from: GS1867 on Aug 25, 2022, 02:05 PM

Agree about Rooney & Ralston, both worth at least a mention.
Can't blame the podcasters for missing out Tommy Wilson at right back as he was well before their time but he is right up there with the best of them.

Calum

Quote from: Arachnophile on Aug 25, 2022, 03:39 PM
Quote from: GS1867 on Aug 25, 2022, 02:05 PM

Agree about Rooney & Ralston, both worth at least a mention.
Can't blame the podcasters for missing out Tommy Wilson at right back as he was well before their time but he is right up there with the best of them.
I did have Ralston on my list to mention but we had rabbled on enough by that point!

Calum

Latest episode of the podcast is available here. We discuss beating Cove, our favourite centre backs, and look ahead to Dundee away.

Alf Stamp Army

Quote from: Calum on Sep 01, 2022, 07:14 AMLatest episode of the podcast is available here. We discuss beating Cove, our favourite centre backs, and look ahead to Dundee away.
great listen again guys 👏 on the centre backs showing my age but has to be John McGregor for me and can't believe Mick Dunlop never got a mention!

Calum

Quote from: Alf Stamp Army on Sep 01, 2022, 09:11 AM
Quote from: Calum on Sep 01, 2022, 07:14 AMLatest episode of the podcast is available here. We discuss beating Cove, our favourite centre backs, and look ahead to Dundee away.
great listen again guys 👏 on the centre backs showing my age but has to be John McGregor for me and can't believe Mick Dunlop never got a mention!
What an oversight that is, always one!

Zanetti

Dunlop is one of my favourite ever Queen's players and I can't believe we totally forgot to mention him. Absolutely insane, we'll have to rectify that next week!

GM1867

Interesting again, guys, well done. On centre backs, McGregor and Dunlop certainly worth consideration. As you said, it was an area with a number of great candidates.

Alf Stamp Army

Quote from: Zanetti on Sep 01, 2022, 10:13 AM

Dunlop is one of my favourite ever Queen's players and I can't believe we totally forgot to mention him. Absolutely insane, we'll have to rectify that next week!
also one of my fave fans tunes Hey Mickey You're so Fine 🎶 probably merits a separate feature 🤔😅

Bobthespider

Enjoyed the latest podcast...can't believe Ryan Mcgeever never got a mention . Great to listen to .

Zanetti

Yesterday didn't quite go to plan, but we've just published a bonus episode which we've been looking forward to sharing.

We had a good chat with promotion hero David Weatherston which is now available to listen to in the usual places:

https://linktr.ee/spiderstalk

Unfortunately there were some technical issues while recording, but I think we've managed to edit the worst of it!

Wee Willie Winkie

David Wetherston was an excellent choice as your first interviewee. He came over really well. An exciting player from an exciting team.