Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Hopes and Fears

Started by Arachnophile, Jul 27, 2022, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arachnophile

So what are we all thinking?

Is is all about survival?

Can we sneak out way into the playoffs?

Interested to hear what success this season looks like for you guys this season.

Top 6 for me seems a realistic goal.

Thoughts?

GS1867

Quote from: Arachnophile on Jul 27, 2022, 09:15 PMSo what are we all thinking?

Interested to hear what success this season looks like for you guys this season.

Thoughts?

Providing we bring in some depth then 5th or 6th certainly seems achievable for me.
My main worry is that we're one or two injuries in key positions away from being down to the bare bones. Most notably, relying on an injury prone Murray(albeit a terrific player) to stay fit and be the number one striker worries me slightly. Equally an injury to Fox and our defence looks concerning to put it lightly

Ben Reilly

Quote from: GS1867 on Jul 27, 2022, 09:26 PM
Quote from: Arachnophile on Jul 27, 2022, 09:15 PMSo what are we all thinking?

Thoughts?

Providing we bring in some depth then 5th or 6th certainly seems achievable for me.
My main worry is that we're one or two injuries in key positions away from being down to the bare bones. Most notably, relying on an injury prone Murray(albeit a terrific player) to stay fit and be the number one striker worries me slightly. Equally an injury to Fox and our defence looks concerning to put it lightly

I agree with all the above.
I'd take a comfortable 8th, but I'd like to think we'd be aiming higher than that. A play if slot would be fantastic, but realisticly I think there are teams stronger than us likely to take those places.

I think 5th or 6th could be considered a successfull first season in the championship.

Still a few signings to bring in hopefully, as we definetly need to strengthen to avoid the bottom 2 places.

Calum

I am probably (definitely) more optimistic than I should be. I feel like McPake will be a big signing, we still have a couple more to go after that and once the younger guys get settled in with Coyles approach the better they'll get.

Granted I think the point about injuries is fair, we can't be as unlucky as we were with them last year surely!?

Also aside from Dundee, Thistle and ICT I am not convinced there is much of a gap between the teams thereafter, no reason why we can't have a good crack at it.

Pass and Move

As others have said the squad is a bit light, so unless we bring in a few more I think we will be struggling a bit in this league. However, I think we'll be ok, just not challenging for play offs. But from where we've come in such a short time I'll take consolidation this season. On going it will be interesting how we stay loyal with our stated model ie promoting youth.

Velvet Donkey

Mcjameos

Taking OC at his word about squad additions and think we'll comfortably make the play-offs