Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Inverness vs Queen’s - 30/07/22

Started by Calum, Jul 28, 2022, 11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calum

Predictions for this one? Enthusiasm and ignorance of the unknown has me predicting for a 2-0 win. Hoping McPake has an impact from the start and we can see more of Williamson and Murray upfront together.

Will be interesting to see who gets involved at CB alongside Fox given Bannon's impressive debut.

Pass and Move

I think a draw would be a great result to kick start the season. Our play out of possession worries me and Inverness have a lot of forward thinking players. Protection of our defence will be key.

Zanetti

I'd also take a draw, but the hopeless optimist in me thinks we might sneak a one goal victory. I do expect that both teams will likely score, but a big part in is getting anything will come from defensive improvement.

Can't wait for it, either way!

DJM1867

I have a real fear that Saturday might just show us what a step up the Championship is going to be. We do look to have players who could create chances but I'm concerned about the defence who've conceded some really sloppy goals in the league cup.

Need to learn quickly that we can't switch off at this level and that we don't have the time on the ball we had last season.

Do hope Queen's prove me wrong but I don't see us taking anything back down the A9 with us.

Wee Willie Winkie

The Dundee game was a bit of a wake up call for us and I fear we might struggle against a team that should do well. That said, Murray can change a game and hopefully we sort out the slack stuff at set pieces. Expecting a lot from the midfield who are an exciting prospect. I'd snap the hand off you for our trademark 1-1.

Arachnophile

So, my son & I arrived in Inverness tonight & went for a drink as one does.
After a couple, we chanced upon a couple of fc Utrecht fans. They now have tickets in the away end for tomorrow's game.

GM1867

Can I be elated and disappointed at the same time? That was an excellent first half performance from the team but the second half showed we still have a bit of work to do. The game could have gone either way but with our first half dominance and the second half chances a win could have been on the cards.

Happy with the point though.

Zanetti

We're gonnae with this league

GM1867

Woke up this morning and watched the highlights again. Happy with the result but I thin k we created better chances than Caley - they might have had more in the second half but no clear cut opportunities like those created by Queen's.

Not a bad start to the season.

Calum

We comfortably had the better chances. Bit more composure from McPake and on another day we're a couple ahead. Really encouraging game all round to be honest, Kilday was much improved till he went off injured and Thomas showed what he's about for the first time in my opinion.

There are still some obvious problems and I fear a wee bit for Brown and where he fits into this team longer term.

Generally really surprised how average ICT looked, gives me more hope for Friday and the games ahead.

Also pleased to see ICT fans on p&b getting annoyed that we weren't an absolute riot, must have done something right!

Pass and Move

Enjoyable watch, think this season is going to be fun!

EaglesAndSpiders

Just watched the highlights. Very strong start to the season tbh. If only McPake had converted one of those two clear cut chances. And Murray looked a bit selfish. Time for our first win.