Welcome to Spiders Talk!

22/23 Transfer Speculation Thread

Started by Dave, May 28, 2022, 02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divvy

Don't know about you guys, but I think with Queen's announcing a few more academy players to contracts I'd like to think it's a warm up to a certain 6 foot 6 Nigerian centre half being announced

Ben Reilly

Quote from: Ben Reilly on Jul 29, 2022, 03:36 PM
Quote from: Calum on Jul 28, 2022, 11:11 AM
Quote from: BenchWarmer on Jul 27, 2022, 04:28 PMJust heard from a Sunderland supporting mate of mine that QP are in line to sign 21 year old goalkeeper James Carney on loan from Sunderland. According to what he's heard the deal has been in discussion for a while but was being held up until Sunderland signed a new backup which apparently they did yesterday. My mate says Carney has played in a few pre-season matches this summer and has looked promising.

Not sure how reliable his sources are or whether we need another relatively inexperienced GK on the books but that's the current word.

I remember this rumour floating about a while back. I wouldn't be against someone competing for the no1 spot with Ferrie, anyone who had a genuine competition can't be a bad thing.

Pictures from training posted on Facebook today prominently feature a young goalkeeper I don't recognise. I've googled James Carney, and came up with a Jacob Carney at Sunderland, but I don't think he's the guy in the pictures. Could just be one of the under 18's, but I guess time will tell.

I'm pretty sure the guy I saw in those photos on Facebook is the young keeper signed today. Interesting to see if there's still another first team squad keeper on the way.

Calum

Cove sign Longstaff, bold move from them I'd say 😬

Zanetti

Quote from: Calum on Aug 04, 2022, 06:42 PMCove sign Longstaff, bold move from them I'd say 😬

They must be absolutely desperate to get bodies in surely? I can't believe that anyone who watched him play for us last season would then go out and sign him. Bewildering.

GS1867

They bin McAllister and bring in Longstaff. Wild

Calum

Quote from: Divvy on Aug 04, 2022, 03:43 PMDon't know about you guys, but I think with Queen's announcing a few more academy players to contracts I'd like to think it's a warm up to a certain 6 foot 6 Nigerian centre half being announced
Basically confirmed by the Queen's Twitter!

Calum

Eze finally confirmed! Got to be one of the most exciting signings we've had for Queen's?

Certainly wouldn't be averse to seeing what he can do tonight.

BenchWarmer

Quote from: Calum on Aug 05, 2022, 10:37 AMEze finally confirmed! Got to be one of the most exciting signings we've had for Queen's?

I'm very excited by this signing and I know barely anything about him! Hopefully he lives up to expectations, could be a real fan favourite if he does.

Calum

Quote from: BenchWarmer on Aug 05, 2022, 01:55 PM
Quote from: Calum on Aug 05, 2022, 10:37 AMEze finally confirmed! Got to be one of the most exciting signings we've had for Queen's?

I'm very excited by this signing and I know barely anything about him! Hopefully he lives up to expectations, could be a real fan favourite if he does.
Here's a 17 minute YouTube compilation someone put together if you have nothing better to do with your afternoon!

Ben Reilly

Quote from: Calum on Aug 05, 2022, 02:19 PM
Quote from: BenchWarmer on Aug 05, 2022, 01:55 PM

Here's a 17 minute YouTube compilation someone put together if you have nothing better to do with your afternoon!

He worth signing for the potential goal celebrations alone

BenchWarmer

Quote from: Calum on Aug 05, 2022, 02:19 PMHere's a 17 minute YouTube compilation someone put together if you have nothing better to do with your afternoon!

If all 17 minutes of it are as good as the first couple of minutes I just watched then he looks a real find. Very excited to see what he can do in the hoops!