Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Queen’s vs Partick Thistle - 13/08/22

Started by Calum, Aug 08, 2022, 07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calum

Thoughts for this?

Every team is going to have a horror show some point this season so praying we've had ours the way!

Bookies have us as favourites which I think is weird.

I think despite a pretty disastrous debut I want to see Eze start. Clearly put a lot of effort into getting him here and Coyle knows what he can do. Wouldn't be averse to seeing Bannon at DM again and hopefully if Browns playing it is further forward like the first half vs Ayr.

Ben Reilly

Quote from: Calum on Aug 08, 2022, 07:18 PMThoughts for this?

Every team is going to have a horror show some point this season so praying we've had ours the way!

I think despite a pretty disastrous debut I want to see Eze start. Clearly put a lot of effort into getting him here and Coyle knows what he can do. Wouldn't be averse to seeing Bannon at DM again and hopefully if Browns playing it is further forward like the first half vs Ayr.

I think I'd like to see us go with the same team and shape we started with on Friday, but with Eze in place of Kilday as long as he's fit to go 70ish minutes. If he and Fox can get a good partnership going then with Ferrie in good form and Bannon Brown and Savoury playing to their potential then we have a great spine for the team.

Arachnophile

Quote from: Ben Reilly on Aug 08, 2022, 08:30 PM
Quote from: Calum on Aug 08, 2022, 07:18 PMThoughts for this?

I think I'd like to see us go with the same team and shape we started with on Friday, but with Eze in place of Kilday as long as he's fit to go 70ish minutes. If he and Fox can get a good partnership going then with Ferrie in good form and Bannon Brown and Savoury playing to their potential then we have a great spine for the team.
I agree, but I can't see Coyle dropping Kilday. I would also worry that Thistle will have witnessed our 2nd half disintegration against Ayr & will be in our faces from kick off. We need to have a better answer to that than we did last week. We need a streetwise defensive mid. Bannon played well in the first half but I'm not sure he's got the experience to play that role. But then, I'm not sure we have anyone else who can.
The lad from Crystal Palace might be the answer but you have to wonder what the hold up is. He's been in and about the squad for a while now. Maybe he saw the second half display against Ayr & decided he didn't want anything to do with such a spineless bunch!

Wee Willie Winkie

I don't think that the Thistle game is one to experiment so I might not gamble on Eze. There is a closed door game tonight that he's playing in, so maybe OC will have be better able to judge his overall fitness, if not match fitness, after that.

Pass and Move

Really made up for last week, well done guys. It's going to be some season, hope to be up for Hamilton game.  Just watched the highlights wish I'd been there .

Wee Willie Winkie

OC got it spot on; a bold lineup after last week and it worked a treat. Best game yet from Dom Thomas and the new man was solid throughout. Particularly pleased to see Bannon and Williamson starting and they were both excellent, but then everyone was excellent.

We really needed a result after the Ayr disappointment and you couldn't have asked for more than that yesterday.

Calum

Quote from: Wee Willie Winkie on Aug 14, 2022, 07:12 AMOC got it spot on; a bold lineup after last week and it worked a treat. Best game yet from Dom Thomas and the new man was solid throughout. Particularly pleased to see Bannon and Williamson starting and they were both excellent, but then everyone was excellent.

We really needed a result after the Ayr disappointment and you couldn't have asked for more than that yesterday.

Agree with this. 2 up front looked more effective and Boateng had a great debut. He wasn't desperate to dive in for everything, held his position and made simple passes out (excluding the one for Robsons goal!).

That felt like a big win and totally changed the feeling going into the next couple of games.

GM1867

A great win yesterday - just watched the highlights and Thistle certainly tried their best. Great teamwork from the Spiders and I think that Boateng is going to be a great asset this season. Great to get back ahead just after thistle scored rather than the heads going down. Well done guys, a very encouraging win!

Wee Willie Winkie

Yip, Boeteng's composure stood out. Wonder if he'll be happy to be called Malky? I'm struggling with Malachi.

Alf Stamp Army

Quote from: Wee Willie Winkie on Aug 16, 2022, 05:50 PMYip, Boeteng's composure stood out. Wonder if he'll be happy to be called Malky? I'm struggling with Malachi.
Owen Coyle said he liked to be called Mal in his post match interview?