Welcome to Spiders Talk!

Queen’s v Cove - 27/08/22

Started by Calum, Aug 25, 2022, 08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calum

Probably the first game of the season we would be 'expected' to win? Which makes it all the more worrying! Not really sure what to expect from Cove to be honest. I'd like to think we can get a win here and keep the good run going, would be great to see a clean sheet too.

Not sure id make any changes other than considering Bannon for Kilday, but everyone played great last week so wouldn't be surprised to see the same starting 11.

GM1867

I'd go for no change in the starting line-up for this one and I am hoping for another positive result. Will the scoring knack come good for Savoury this week? - he's certainly creating enough chances and I feel that this game is an opportunity for him. Our defence might be getting their act together as a unit - individually we have a strong group and as the season progresses this will get better.

Two nil to Queen's, with Savoury and Murray scoring.

DJM1867

Quote from: Calum on Aug 25, 2022, 08:16 AMProbably the first game of the season we would be 'expected' to win? Which makes it all the more worrying! Not really sure what to expect from Cove to be honest. I'd like to think we can get a win here and keep the good run going, would be great to see a clean sheet too.

Not sure id make any changes other than considering Bannon for Kilday, but everyone played great last week so wouldn't be surprised to see the same starting 11.

That old QP worry factor is kicking in for this one. Yes, we are probably favourites and everything points to a home win but I have a terrible nagging doubt this week.

All set up for Longstaff to score the winner.

Seriously hope I'm wrong and if the boys play as they have the last two games we should be fine.

However.....................

Pass and Move

As been said already we haven't done favourites very well in the past but we now have a totally different mind set but cove will be set up not to lose so a nervy 1-0 with the new boy coming on to score the winner.

Wee Willie Winkie

Again, we seem fragile when we go ahead but it's three good points. Murray is a joy to watch and Williamson is proving better than anyone, including probably himself, could have expected.

There's a definite hardening up of the midfield but Cove were allowed to run at us all too often. It'll cost us crucial goals if we don't stop that happening. We were hanging on a bit at the end.

But it is another win, three on the trot, and all praise to Owen and the boys for the good football as well as the points.

Luvvin'it.